Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Atomic Sombrero

The Teaching Company offers terrific college-level, home-study courses for adults -- in areas of art, history, literature, philosophy, science. They're expensive, but every course is available at an affordable sale price at least once per year.

I'm working my way through a physics series on DVD, where the professor talks from a classroom set that includes a podium and the ubiquitous image of an atom with its circulating particles. It's a fine little set, quite non-distracting -- except when the professor stands in a certain spot relative to the atom.

I finally couldn't resist snapping a picture of my TV screen.


For more about distractions, see Jerry Weinberg's post about how writers break the reader's trance.

1 comment:

  1. I'm inspired that you do these courses, and this image is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete