His descriptions were as over-the-top as the celebrity fashions he satirized, but admit it: there’s perfection in his evocation. Take a moment to visualize these:
1. A peeled grape on the end of a pipe cleaner.Now match Mr. Blackwell’s descriptions to the celebrities (answers in the comments):
2. She dresses like the centerfold for the Farmer's Almanac.
3. Half sequined scarecrow, half gaudy acrobat. Is it Abe Lincoln in drag? I'll leave it at that!
4. A boutique toothpaste tube, squeezed from the middle.
5. In layers of cut-rate kitsch, [her] look is hard to explain…she resembles a tattered toothpick -- trapped in a hurricane!
a) Celine Dion (2003)
b) Goldie Hawn (1969)
c) Mary Kate Olsen (2007)
d) Martha Stewart (1999)
e) Elizabeth Taylor (1966)